The New Digital World Story

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A revival of the old Digital World Story.

+3
Knightmare
LND Tom
Dante Kestrel
7 posters

If we changed one thing in DWS, what would you want it to be?

Poll

If we changed one thing in DWS, what would you want it to be?

[ 5 ]
    If we changed one thing in DWS, what would you want it to be? I_vote_lcap31%If we changed one thing in DWS, what would you want it to be? I_vote_rcap [31%] 
    [ 1 ]
    If we changed one thing in DWS, what would you want it to be? I_vote_lcap6%If we changed one thing in DWS, what would you want it to be? I_vote_rcap [6%] 
    [ 3 ]
    If we changed one thing in DWS, what would you want it to be? I_vote_lcap19%If we changed one thing in DWS, what would you want it to be? I_vote_rcap [19%] 
    [ 2 ]
    If we changed one thing in DWS, what would you want it to be? I_vote_lcap13%If we changed one thing in DWS, what would you want it to be? I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 0 ]
    If we changed one thing in DWS, what would you want it to be? I_vote_lcap0%If we changed one thing in DWS, what would you want it to be? I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 5 ]
    If we changed one thing in DWS, what would you want it to be? I_vote_lcap31%If we changed one thing in DWS, what would you want it to be? I_vote_rcap [31%] 

Total Votes: 16
    Dante Kestrel
    Dante Kestrel
    Admin

If we changed one thing in DWS, what would you want it to be? Empty If we changed one thing in DWS, what would you want it to be?

Post  Dante Kestrel Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:47 am

I'm just putting this out to have a feeling for what the players want. As you know, the staff works tirelessly to try and update this game, and we wouldn't want to leave you out of the decision making process. If you left other as your choice, just leave a reply saying what I may have forgotten in this section, or something else you might like to see here.
    LND Tom
    LND Tom

If we changed one thing in DWS, what would you want it to be? Empty What I'd Change

Post  LND Tom Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:57 am

I would make it easier to obtain DigiPoints
    Knightmare
    Knightmare

If we changed one thing in DWS, what would you want it to be? Empty Digital World Story

Post  Knightmare Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:12 pm

In my eyes is what i´m going to say will be a HUGE improvement,

I want the combat and obtaining D-Souls to be just like how it used to be, it gave me more pleasure in playing and motivation, also the lowerance of the lv cap to 100 again, and the possibility to (reborn) with boosted stats.

And maybe as an idea of Tankyuu but not 2 NPC led Guild but 2 player led guilds.

I hope you will take my idea in consideration and if you need some more explaining in the things i meant i would love to hear.

Thank you,

DWS.
    Modmr
    Modmr

If we changed one thing in DWS, what would you want it to be? Empty Re: If we changed one thing in DWS, what would you want it to be?

Post  Modmr Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:15 pm

1-Normal Players Can Make Guilds.

Requirements to make guild: 500 or 1000 Dp/Level 100 Digimon

2-Make Alot of Wild Arukenimon.

Last edited by Modmr on Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Zeke
    Zeke

If we changed one thing in DWS, what would you want it to be? Empty Opinion

Post  Zeke Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:48 pm

In my opinion, the game is great. Though I've asked several people to at least try the game out, so I could have a bit of competition, and of course friends to play the game. The result is always the same, when asked, "Why'd you quit?"

1.) The game is too difficult - Very difficult to comprehend, especially when the game seems to be made to be difficult, or at least not simplistic and easy. My suggestion for this, since I do think the game is very "Time-Consuming" And yields very little reward, (Save personal gain) simply make it easier to level. I saw the discussion/poll on bringing in-training digimon? Good idea, yet with the current level system (Kill 70+ Mobs, gain 1 level, and next highest digimon with a difference of 40exp but much harder to kill drops the kills needed to 64. Far too much.) It is in my experience, (Or lack thereof, up to debate) the game could benefit from having an exp system that caters to "Pick up" Players. Per say, the first 10 levels could be "Cake" Even still unless you have a DNA digimon, or a really good digimon with nice base stats, you have to kill 40+ enemies just to get to level 5 from 4.

2.) Too Hard to get the digimon I want - I don't understand this. Yes it took some dire persuading, and a bit of begging to get Gabumon from another player (For my Omnimon) but it's possible. I think the way people get digimon now, is just fine. I have no problem with it, but I do suggest one thing. Possibly make it to where if you have a surplus of Bits, you can eventually "Buy" Another starting digimon from that Richard NPC. For instance, when you go back to him, he could ask, "Would you like to trade your Soul, or Buy a new one?" Of course have perspective options, trading soul would be significantly cheaper (Since it would take your initial D-soul, and your bits) but Buying another one should cost about 300-400k bits. That way people could farm, if they very well wanted to, their own surplus of starter digimon. (Maybe they have a digidestined complex)

3.) I spent all that time getting to Mega, and Ultimates are kicking my ass? In what world - Again, I don't too much care for this argument myself, but I can see where it comes from. It's a game ultimately though, and there has to be compensation and a lack of characters that can be put into the game. I also understand for every Wild NPC you add to the game, you must also add that it can be captured and a digivolution tree for it. So, while I don't care for this argument much, it only branches back to "Training is too Time consuming" point 1.

4.) Why does it take so long to get Digipoints - I would have been more concerned with this point, if the people actually played the game for a few days. Though, when you look at some of the requirements? I'll use my experience for example. Need a level 81 ImperialdramonDM with 1,000 Digipoints to Mode Change, I understand that Mode change may yield incredibly growth and even better stats, especially since you now have the possibility of acquiring ImperialdramonPM, but in my experience of training my ImperialdramonDM it just takes far too long. Fighting monsters that give 200 exp a pop, 10 Digimon Defeated count, = 10,000 Kills for 1,000 digipoints. That's not fair at all. My suggestion, either increase the rate that Digipoints are gained, or Decrease the amount of necessary digipoints. I'm also aware that as your digimon progresses you gain more Digipoints for higher kills, but I already have a digimon with relatively high stats according to my tracking (I track growth on a separate notepad) for being a DNA digivolved Digimon, but even with those stats, I've been stuck at Flaremon for quite some time. Let's face it, the smart choice is to kill what you can the fastest more time, than what yields more experience/Digipoints. Especially when the difference in exp is 45 points and the difference in digipoints is 3-8. Not worth it. (My opinion on this point MAY change as I level the digimon further.

5.) Clan System - I personally love the clan system, and it's obviously designed for dedicated/veteran players to join a clan. Though if they are designed for that, then why aren't the leaders on more often? I also think that there should be easier requirements for making a clan. For instance, why can't there be two Dark clans? Maybe people vibe better with one clan leader than the other, and you bring competition to the equation - it's human nature to be competitive.

7.) Badges/Achievements - Alright this isn't necessary but it would definately give players a sense of achievement in the game and might cause a few more numbers to stick around consistently (If that's even a concern/worry/problem.) Make an achievement system, something that tells the whole game, "Player X Just Achieved CHAMPION on his first digimon! Congratulations!" And of course have that achievement show up on the BYOND HUB. It brings self-recognition, and possibly peer-recognition to the game as well.

8.) Tamer Customization - Maybe this isn't possible with the current icons, but would it be so much to ask if there were Icons you could customize? Clothing you could buy and layer atop your player, so Player B, C, D, and L look exactly the same. It's not much of a suggestion as I know iconners are hard pressed these days, but it would be nice.

9.) Very Expensive In Game Upgrades - Maybe you could have another digimon Engineer that specializes in "Upgrading" or "Advancing" Your digimon. At either the cost of Bits, Digipoints, or both. This NPC of course would ask you what stat you would like to advance, and then ask how far you would like to advance that stat. Say for instance you have a digimon who excels at Speed, and you love the digimon, but he gets pummeled easily, and does very little digimon (Seems like the theme for Aquans and some Holy digimon) instead of having to live with those lack-luster stats, you can take your digimon to this NPC and at the cost of 200 Digipoints and 20,000 Bits, you can raise it's stat value by 1. Do this enough time, and it might be a pretty good digimon. It also encourages people to play some of those old favs that aren't DNA digimon and still have decent stats. Of course this idea isn't necessary or reasonable if training and digipoint's are revised.

Anyway, that's my long-winded suggestion. Hope I don't step on toes, just thought I'd give my 2 cents. Well thanks. cheers

Last edited by Zeke on Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Left out a "0" on point 9.)
    Kurei
    Kurei

If we changed one thing in DWS, what would you want it to be? Empty Re: If we changed one thing in DWS, what would you want it to be?

Post  Kurei Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:44 pm

I agree with some of the other opinions posted already; the game is probably fairly difficult for newer players who haven't grasped the mechanics and aren't good at on-the-fly learning.

I have a few points I would like to share, as well. Some of them may be repeated, but some points may need to be stressed a bit more anyways.

1) Level--I agree with what one of the other players posted; a level cap of 100 with a chance to degenerate/rebirth to create a stronger digimon over time and effort is a great idea. I'm not sure if it was way back in this game's origins, or in one of the that was abandoned by it's owner, but I remember a game with a similar way of operating, and enjoyed it.

2) A more in-depth tutorial--Before having players plunge straight into things, maybe a 'tutorial' chapter/mission would be a good idea. I know personally, I've been helping three of my friends through some stuff trying to start the game up, and one thing they've mentioned is 'a tutorial might be a nice addition'. The systems are simple for veterans or people with fast learning skills, but otherwise...

3) D Souls--I love the capturing method reminiscent of DW2 with the gift bozes and all, don't get me wrong. But maybe a more 'who's the lucky one?' kind of method would give players something to aim for, so to speak. Have the enemies drop the D Souls with a certain % chance, or maybe have a NPC that can 'harness the soul' after you've defeated enough of a digimon to make a solid form.

4) Clans--The method for allowing the creation of clans is great. But I noticed from the post, that a majority of players are setting their reqs incredibly high. I think maybe reqs should be encouraged to be a little more flexible, otherwise it looks from an outsider's point of view, 'we only want people with seriously high amounts of playtime'.

Well, I think that's about it for my concerns, aside from Combat which you included in the poll.
    shadowspaine

Post  shadowspaine Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:11 am

i would like to see the digimon (non wild) use skills Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:50 am